Saturday, March 8, 2014

Every Time?!

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

Trusting God's wisdom and direction for everything we do is the only way we know that we are headed in the right direction and going down the right path.  It is also one of the hardest things to commit ourselves to.

Situations seem to repeat themselves.  We get a new job that is basically the same as we did at the last company.  But is it?  We tell ourselves, "Well I did it this way for the last 10 years over here, I got this covered."  Situations like this are never the same.  Especially when it comes to being in a position of leadership.

When we're in charge of a department in some capacity, we have people that we have to manage.  They are not the same people we just managed for the last 10 years at the other place.  Every one is unique, and every place we go to is unique in its own way as well.  That's how God made us, and He did it on purpose.

Well what's the purpose?  To confuse us?  Hardly.  He did it so that we would remember this Proverb.  That we should not be trusting in our finite and fallible human understanding of things, but trust in His infinite wisdom that never leads us astray.  He did it so we would remember to seek His will for us, and go where He wants us to go.  He will lead us down different paths in our lives, but He doesn't just point and say, "Go there, and figure it out."  He says, "Follow me this way, and let me show you something new and great."  We have to remind ourselves when we get to that fork in the road to not tell our Guide, "I got it from here.  See you in a bit."  We have to invite Him to come along with us, and show us.

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me to constantly be seeking Your will and Your ways in everything I do.  I know I tend to get comfortable and trust in my own understanding of things, and for that I am sorry.  I pray for Your will to be done in everything, so that I will have a greater understanding of everything You have for me.  I pray for those that leave You behind at the fork in the road.  I pray they will see that they need You to Guide them every step of the way, and not just point out where to go.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment