Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Heavy Lifting

Isaiah 41:10 - Don't be afraid for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

God's promises through the prophet Isaiah remind me of Jesus' promise in Matthew, when He promised to be with us always, even to the end of the age (Matthew 28:20).

What I find awesome about this passage in Isaiah, isn't just that God has promised to always be there for us and with us, but He's going to be active in helping us.  He isn't just going to be like a boxing trainer standing on the outside of the ropes shouting encouragement and advice.  He does that through His Word already.  But He has promised to be in the ring with us, taking and throwing the punches that will defeat the enemy that is always trying to attack us.

When we are faithful to trust Him to be there and help us, He promises to do the heavy lifting by holding us up with His victorious right hand.  I love that promise.  It reminds me that I NEVER have to go through anything alone, I just have to trust Him and give Him my worries.  Jesus promised that we would have everything we needed when we stopped worrying about things, and seek His Kingdom first above all else (Matthew 6:27-33).  He will always hold true to His promises.

Dear Lord, thank You for doing the heavy lifting for me.  I know I have a tendency to not lift everything up to You, because I become overconfident to handle things.  I am sorry for not always being obedient and trusting in You, and I beg for Your forgiveness.  I pray for those that don't realize just how much You really care for all of Your chosen people.  They don't quite understand how much You have promised to help and be there for them.  My prayer is that they will seek Your Kingdom first and trust You with everything, so they can experience the joy of knowing You intimately.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment