Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Finally Free

Romans 6:22 - But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God.  Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Good News (Great News!) of our Lord and Savior has set us free.  It has set us free from our meaningless pursuit of and bondage to sin, death, and destruction.  What has it set us free to do?  To pursue the things that God has always planned for us since the beginning.  Things that will lead to holiness and righteousness in the eternal Kingdom of God.

I remember shortly after I first accept Jesus Christ as my Savior, I thought to myself now what?  I didn't know what to expect, and I didn't know how my life was supposed to be.  So instead of doing the smart thing and picking up a Bible, I convinced myself that since I believed and I was saved, I was good to go.  Had I read verses one and two in Romans 6, I would have seen that it doesn't work like that.  We should never test God like that.

It's not enough to just accept Christ, we have to seek God's will for us and pursue it.  That's what we were set free to do when we accepted Jesus Christ.  I believe that most often, God reveals His will to us through His Word, and that is the first place we should be seeking and pursuing Him.  Prayer is #1A.  He wants to hear from us, and have an intimate relationship with us.  We can ask Him about and for anything, and He won't get mad at us for asking (James 1:5), because He wants us to be seeking Him and His will.  This doesn't mean He will give us everything we ask for, it means we won't know what His plan is until we ask, and we have to do the asking.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for my freedom!  Thank You for setting me free by the blood of Your Son, so that I can pursue all the great and mighty things You have always had planned for me since the beginning of time.  I am blessed more than I could ever deserve because of Your love, mercy, and grace.  I pray for those that have not accepted Your free gift of salvation.  My prayer is that they will finally let go of whatever they are holding on to, so that they can finally be free to purse You and all of Your holiness and righteousness.  I confidently trust that You have amazing things for them and You are ready to give them to them when they accept You into their hearts and lives.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment