Friday, March 28, 2014

New Life

Colossians 3:1 - Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of Heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand.

We have been given a second chance at life.  When Christ rose from the dead, we were raised with Him so that we may focus on Him and His glorious plans for His people.

What a great reminder on my birthday.  I may be 39 years old today (did I just say that out loud?!), but I am still an infant in my new life with Christ.  And that's cool with me.

He has given me a new chance and a new life to do things for His Kingdom and His glory.  What greater purpose could possibly be found.  One of the things that I always lacked before I came to Christ, was purpose.  Even before I knew Him, I always believed that there was something more for me in the world.  I always felt stuck in whatever position I was in, and I was always looking for that bigger, better thing.  When I found myself at the feet of Jesus in repentance and giving my life to Him a few years ago, I finally realized what that bigger better thing was.  It was Him.

Now, I certainly don't have everything figured out, but that's fine with me.  I don't have to have everything figured out.  The great thing about this new life is that He already has it figured out, and He reveals it to me piece by piece.  It can be hard to be patient sometimes, but it is worth the wait.  He makes it worth the wait.  I know I don't have all the answers, and that I am a work in progress, but I know that the work He is doing in me is preparing me for the day when I will finally be in His presence and perfected.  Now that's a birthday blessing I am excited for!

Dear Lord, thank You for the new life You have given me.  I pray that I will remain focused on Your realities, and not the realities of this world which will all be rendered meaningless.  I am blessed beyond words that You are such an amazing God of second chances.  I pray that I will bring You the glory and honor that You deserve by the way I live my life to love You and everyone I encounter.  I know I am not perfect, and You do not expect me to be.  I just want to serve You and Your people to the best of the abilities You have given me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment