Monday, March 17, 2014

Inside Info

1 Corinthians 2:12 - And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

As we accept the sacrifice and salvation of Jesus Christ, God's Holy Spirit comes upon us an starts to reveal the wonderful truths that God has set aside for those who believe.

The writer of Hebrews referred to God as his Helper (Hebrews 13:6).  God uses His Holy Spirit to help us to grow in knowledge and wisdom.  Never once does God say to the faithful, "I gave you my Son now figure out the rest."  He doesn't work like that.  As long as we continue to seek Him and His truths daily, He is faithful to reveal them to us.

In the time I have spent studying God's Word, I have learned so much.  I enjoy my times of intentional intimacy with the Lord more than I enjoy anything else.  I have felt God's presence in the pages of the Bible so much.  Every morning as I am about to begin, I pray for God to reveal something to me.  I don't ask for Him to show me what I want to know, I ask for Him to show me what He wants me to know.  I feel His Holy Spirit moving inside of me as I read.  I cannot imagine a feeling much greater than that.

What I appreciate about the Holy Spirit guiding us down our paths daily, is that He doesn't overwhelm us.  He doesn't throw everything at us at once.  He reveals little by little, bit by bit.  It isn't to keep us in the dark.  Quite the contrary.  He is giving us the inside info we need to grow.  I wasn't born 6'1 and 250 pounds.  I grew this way over time.  God does not expect us to be Biblical Scholars over night either.  If we were, why would we seek to spend time getting to know Him through His Word every day.  He wants us to grow our relationship with Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for sending Your Great Helper to guide me along every day, so that I can grow closer to You through my times of intentional intimacy.  I have been blessed beyond words by the love and patience You have shown me.  I pray that I can be a blessing to others.  My prayer for those that don't know You will come to seek You out finally.  That they will seek Your wisdom in guiding their every day lives, and come to know the love and grace and patience You have for them as well.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment