Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Right Perspective

Philippians 3:7 - I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.

The things we did or found important before we gave our lives to Christ are not so important anymore since being re-born into God's family.

I used to be very materialistic.  I had to have the newest phone or video game system, because I couldn't be behind the curve when it came to the latest technology.  My car had to be cleaned spotless because I couldn't allow my friends to see me driving around in a dust bucket.  Now, a lot of those things have been put into perspective and don't seem so important anymore.

While I do enjoy gadgets, because they are fun to play with, I don't need to have the latest and newest.  I am not as much of a gamer as I used to be, because school has taken a higher priority.  I go to school so that I can serve God's Kingdom better.  That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy gaming from time to time, it's just not that important anymore.

My car isn't nearly washed and waxed and shiny as often as it used to be, because the outside of the car isn't what's important.  How it runs is what matters.  Sure every once in awhile, I will make it look nice and pretty, but it's not that important anymore.

The friends I had a few years ago have all gone their separate ways from the path God has put me on.  What they think about me doesn't matter.  I have been blessed to come to know the God of my Salvation in a way that has shown me that the only thing that matters is understanding (as best my human mind can) how much He loves me by the tremendous sacrifice He made for me by giving up His Son.  That is the most valuable thing in my life.  That is what is important.

Dear Father, thank You for teaching me about having the right perspective, and keeping my mind focused on You and Your Kingdom.  I thank for redeeming me by the blood of Your Son Jesus Christ, when I showed myself to not be worthy of it.  Although I know I fail and will not be completely worthy in this life, Your love and grace make me more worthy every day until the day comes I am with You for eternity.  Thank You for the many second chances.  I pray for those that are holding on to the materialistic things that are keeping their full attention away from You.  My prayer is that they will see that what they have doesn't matter unless they have You first and foremost in their lives.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment