Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wonk, Wonk, Wonk

1 Corinthians 13:1 - If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

If we're not showing love to people, then what are we doing?  If we're talking about the Good News of Jesus Christ, but the word love doesn't come out, then what are we saying?  If we don't have love in our hearts that comes out of our mouths, then we're just making noise.

Ever listen to someone complain on and on?  Don't they sound like Charlie Brown's teacher sometimes?  Love doesn't complain.  It doesn't mean that if we have the love of Christ in our hearts, that we'll never have anything to complain about.  We are human after all.  What it means is that we won't complain about it.  Complaining about something takes away from our worship of the One who solves all the problems when we let Him in.  Instead of sounding like Charlie Brown's teacher, maybe we should focus on the Teacher who shows us how to love unconditionally, and not complain.

Am I complaining too much?  Do I really have Christ's love in my heart to the point that when I'm tempted to complain, I instead pray and lift my problems up to Him?

Dear Father, I am sorry that I complain sometimes.  I need to remember that Jesus didn't complain once when He was being led to the cross, so what could I possibly have to complain about?  I need to remember to lift my problems to Him for His solution and remember that complaining doesn't offer solutions.  Please give me the strength and wisdom I need to keep You in my heart so that complaining won't enter it.  I pray for those that don't have Your love in their hearts, and go around complaining about everything.  My prayer is that they will see that their complaints don't solve anything, but You do when You are invited in.  I pray that they will invite You in today.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment