Tuesday, March 18, 2014

He Comforts Me

Psalm 37:8 - Stop being angry!  Turn from your rage!  Do not lose your temper - it only leads to harm.

God always knows what I need to hear at the perfect time.  I love that about Him, because it gives me great comfort.

I had one of those days yesterday at work where things were not going right, and I let my temper get the better of me.  I felt horrible about it later, and I prayed for God to heal my heart of the anger I had, and to calm my temper.  And then this morning, I read these reassuring words of King David.

Being reminded that failing to control my temper will lead to harm was what I needed.  Throughout this Psalm, David tells us that the wicked will get what they have coming to them.  They will receive their just punishment for trying to harm the ones that are redeemed by God - His chosen people.  I totally needed that.

It reminds me of God's encouragement of Joshua when he first took over for Moses and was about to cross into the Promised Land.  God told him, "This is my command - be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9).  Such encouraging and comforting words.  The next time I feel my temper trying to overtake me, and my anger starts to rise, I need to remember to meditate on these passages.  It will remind me that the anger I have is from the enemy, but the comfort I receive comes from the One who saved me.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your amazing and comforting words today (and every day).  You always know what I need to hear at the perfect time, and for that I am eternally grateful.  Help me to start this day fresh with the reassuring promises You gave Joshua and King David that You are with me everywhere I go, and the wicked will receive their just punishments.  Thank You for calming the rage and anger inside me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment