Thursday, March 20, 2014

Staying Focused

Isaiah 51:7 - Listen to Me, you who know right from wrong, you who cherish My law in your hearts.  Do not be afraid of people's scorn, nor fear their insults.

God reminds us to stay focused and strong in the face of opposition to our faith.  He promises to take care of us forever when we keep our focus on Him and encourage others to do the same.

How easy is it to give up?  In my life, I have found it very easy, and sometimes it is just down right convenient to pack it in when I run into a road block of some sort.  That doesn't mean it's the correct way to do it.  When we don't call it a day after hitting a stumbling block, how much better do you feel when you press on and accomplish what you set out to do?  Pretty great, huh?

Now multiply that feeling times infinity, and that's how much greater our reward will be in Heaven when we stay the course, and stay focused on His prize for us.  We don't believe and encourage others to believe just for a prize, we do it because we love God and His people.  But He still rewards us when it's all over.  I have lost friends because of my faith.  I have family members that won't speak to me because of it too.  Those losses hurt me greatly, but God's love is worth so much more.  All I can do is pray for them that they will see what they're missing out on.

Paul admonishes us in Philippians 3:14 to press on to receive the Heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.  Ask any sports champion how they were able to do it, and they will tell you that it was focus and determination more than anything.  How many champions have you heard of that were told that they didn't have a chance because they didn't do things a certain way, or the way it was expected (Muhammad Ali), or they just weren't good enough?  Imagine where they'd be if they listened to their detractors.  Imagine where we'd be if we kept listening to the lies of the enemy...

Dear Lord, thank You for Your loving reminders that I need to stay focused on You and Your Kingdom, and tune out the naysayers in the world.  I pray for Your continued strength and guidance to maintain my focus and keep encouraging others to do the same.  I pray for those that lose their focus in the face of opposition.  My prayer is that they will see that Your rewards are much more important than anything this world can offer them, and they will turn back to You and Your purpose for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment