Monday, March 24, 2014

New Citizenship

Philippians 3:20 - But we are citizens of Heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.  And we are eagerly waiting for Him to return as our Savior.

How awesome is it that we have been given eternal citizenship in Heaven because of our faith in Jesus Christ?!

Because of our faith, God grants us so much in return.  Eternal citizenship and new glorious bodies (v. 21).  He has that kind of power.  That is citizenship we can be proud of possessing not just for a few weeks every four years, but every minute of every day.  At Church, one of the Pastor's was talking about this passage, and said we should be proud to be Christians and we should represent our citizenship in Heaven.  That's being boastful in the Lord, because it is only because of His love and grace that we have been granted these things.

Am I proud of my citizenship?  Am I representing God and His Son Jesus Christ properly by the way I live to all those around me?

Dear Lord, thank You for the eternal gifts You have given us because of Your love for us.  I pray that I will remember that I am a citizen of Heaven, and I will act accordingly so that I represent that citizenship properly.  I pray for those that haven't been granted this new citizenship because of unbelief.  My prayer is that they will open their hearts to You and see all that You have waiting for them in their new home.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment