Friday, March 14, 2014

Full of Joy

Philippians 4:4 - Always be full of joy in the Lord.  I say it again - rejoice!

The peace that God give us when we accept His salvation in our hearts should be giving us joy, and we should celebrate that.

I used to think that since I became a Christian, I was supposed to be walking around with a smile on my face all the time.  That everything would be fine and I wouldn't have any more problems.  But that wasn't quite the case, as I found out.

Christians are still humans, which means we are fallible and imperfect.  Although we are striving to achieve that perfection of Jesus Christ, we aren't there yet and won't be until we reach Heaven (Philippians 1:6).  What I learned is that when troubles come, and they will come, we need to pray and turn everything over to God.  When we do that, we realize that no matter what this world throws our way, God has it covered.  He will always take care of us as long as we trust Him to.

God promised that no one could take us from Him and that no one could undo what He has done (Isaiah 43:13).  That's where we find the joy and celebration!  Knowing that God will always be looking out for us, and won't let anyone take us away from Him.  That puts a big smile on my face, and reminds me that the next time I feel a big scowl coming on that I have to tell myself that God's got this...and me!

Dear Lord, thank You for rescuing me and taking care of me.  Thank You for the blanket of protection You provide for those that believe and trust in You.  I know I have let the things of this world get me down from time to time, but I pray for Your comfort and peace during those times to remind me that I have joy knowing You have my back, and I need to celebrate that.  I pray for those that haven't felt that joy yet.  My prayer is that they will open their hearts up to You and Your unfailing love and protection, so that You can plant that joy in their heart for eternity.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment