Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Big Step

Genesis 12:1 - The Lord said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land that I will show you."

God was asking a lot of Abram.  He was asking him to give up every comfort He knew and become a stranger in a foreign land.  That required a big leap of of faith for Abram.

The beauty of it, is that he did it.  Verse 4 tells us that he did as the Lord instructed.  He didn't try to bargain and ask God for a compromise.  He just did it.  How much do we try to bargain when we feel God asking us to step out of our comfort zone for something?  Do we simply get up and do it, or do we say things like, "Really, all of that?  How about we start with just this first?"  God isn't in the compromise business.

More often than not, God isn't asking us to do something big like Abram.  He is usually asking us to give up things that have no value anyway, at least not from an eternal perspective.  Things that take away from our focus and worship on Him.  How important are they to us really?  He gave up His only Son for us, I don't think it is asking much for us to give up the minor (very minor by comparison) creature comforts we are holding on to.  God will reward our steps of faith.  The Bible is full of those stories.  Look what He did for Abram.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for giving up so much just for me.  I pray that if there is anything that I am holding on to that is drawing away from my focus and worship on You, that You will point it out to me so that I may do away with it.  I pray for those that are holding on to things that are meaningless in the big picture of Your Kingdom.  My prayer is that they will take the step of faith that You are asking, and give it up for You, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment