Tuesday, March 11, 2014

His Work

Colossians 3:23 - Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

Everything we do should be for the advancement of God's Kingdom, and God is our employer.  He believes it is all important, and so should we.

I love when I feel God speaking to me directly through His Word.  I've been having some frustrations at work recently in dealing with a new boss that believes she has all the answers without really talking to anyone for input.  I was expressing these frustrations to a good friend last night.

I said that I wouldn't allow her to steal my joy from me, because I believe that God has me exactly where He wants me right now.  I also said that I believe that if the time comes that God wants me to move on to somewhere else, then He will open that door.  I truly believe these things, but at the same time, it can be tough sometimes when you're dealing with people like this.

The awesomeness in all this is that this wasn't even 12 hours ago when I was talking to my friend and expressing the problems I was having.  And this morning, God gives me this reminder about working for Him and not people.  What an awesome God I serve that takes the time to remind me that He isn't leaving me to figure out my problems.  He is right there with me.  How could I not praise and worship and amazing God like that?!

Dear Abba Father, thank you, thank you, thank you.  I know You are always with me, but it is so refreshing to have You speak to me like this through Your Word.  Your reminders are a comfort to me when I am dealing with issues like this, and I will take joy in knowing that I serve an awesome God that will stop at nothing to remind me that I am remembered and loved by Him.  I pray for those that need that reminder today.  I hope that they will be reminded that they are not alone in their work, and that they will be reminded that You are always there and always watching over them.  Also, I pray for my new boss.  I pray she will realize that she cannot do everything by herself, and that she will seek the right counsel from the right people so that she can do the best job possible according to the gifts and talents You have given her.  And when that happens, I pray that You will be glorified for it all.  I pray this all in the name of Jesus Christ my Savior, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment