Saturday, March 1, 2014

Abundant Grace

1 Timothy 1:14 - And the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus.

Paul's message to Timothy is saying that the grace of God is abundantly more than any sin we could commit, using the example of himself.

Paul points out how bad he was before he came to know Christ.  He was a blasphemer and he violently persecuted those who followed Christ.  Yet because of God's unfailing love and abundant grace, Paul was saved and redeemed.

How often do we think that, "God certainly won't forgive me for that!"  I thought this way for so long.  I remember reading something in an article a few years ago that said, "Have you asked?"  Talk about a V-8 moment.  God is filled with more love and grace than we could ever possess in our lives.  And Jesus promised that all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven (Mark 3:28).  He didn't say some or most...He said all.

The faith and love required to forgive all sin and blasphemy are found only in Jesus Christ.  Before we condemn someone for sinning different than we do, remember that God's grace has already been poured on them, just like it was poured on us.  He has plenty to go around.  As Paul said, more than abundant...

Dear Abba Father, thank You for showing me ABUNDANT grace.  I pray that You will continue to work on my heart so that I may show others the love and grace of Jesus Christ, and not hypocritically judge someone for sinning differently than I do.  I know I have struggled with this quite a bit, and I know that through the power of Your Holy Spirit and the love of Your Son Jesus Christ, I can overcome this.  I pray for those that believe that they couldn't possibly be forgiven.  I pray they will bring their sins to You and ask for forgiveness before it becomes too late for them.  I confidently trust that You will forgive them, and pour Your love and grace on them, as You have promised.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment