Thursday, March 13, 2014

Infinite Power

Philippians 3:10 - I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead.  I want to suffer with Him, sharing in His death.

The mighty power that raised Christ from the dead, is the power of the Holy Spirit.  When we accept Christ as our Savior, God sends the Holy Spirit to abide in us, and give us all the strength we need not just to survive and live our lives for Him, but to thrive and be a beacon of Christ's light shining for those around us to see.

At Church last night, the Pastor spoke about this during his message.  It really resonated with me and stuck with me.  God's Holy Spirit really does give us infinite power when we are fully trusting and obedient to Him and His will.  We have to be willing to endure the suffering as well.

Being a follower of Christ doesn't mean that everything will be roses from that day forward.  Anyone who believes that the life of a Christian is perfect and painless from the moment they accept Christ is either kidding themself, or just doesn't know what it is all about.  Suffering for God's Kingdom and purpose brings us closer to Him and makes us more like Christ, which should be our main goal.  God is attempting to perfect us during our walk with Him.  The only perfect person that ever walked the earth is Jesus, so God is attempting to make us more like Him every day.

God won't test us, but He will allow us to go through the trials and tribulations, because they build us up and make us stronger.  We gain infinite power (eventually) through the power of God's Holy Spirit by trusting and calling on God for everything, not just when we think it's necessary or it's something that we can't handle.  If we could handle everything, then Jesus didn't need to die, and we wouldn't need God.  But one thing I have proven over and over again through my life, is that I am not capable of doing it on my own, and I need God's guidance, wisdom, direction, and strength every minute of every day.  And I need to trust Him and give my will to Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for the power of Your Holy Spirit.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me, so that I may know You and receive Your powerful Holy Spirit.  The same Spirit that brought Your Son back to life.  I want to be more like Him, but I can only do that by Your strength.  I want to be totally surrendered to Your will and purpose for everything in my life.  For those that don't know what it's like to have You in their lives, my prayer is that they will answer the knocking on the door to their heart and let You in.  I pray for Your Spirit to enter them when they do and give them the strength they need to endure the suffering of Jesus and live their lives according to Your will and purpose for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment