Saturday, March 22, 2014

His Children

Psalm 2:7 - The King proclaims the Lord's decree: "The Lord said to me, 'You are my Son.  Today I have become Your Father'."

There is only one Son of God, and that is Jesus Christ.  When we accept His free gift of salvation, we become children of the Most High, but we do not replace Jesus as His Son.  We become like Christ, but we can never become Him.

How contrary is this to the way the world tries to teach us?  Society today is obsessed with the "Church of Self".  It is very easy to fall for the lies too.  The culture today likes to tell us that we are in charge and control of everything we do.  As if we are gods of our own universe, and the world revolves around us.  This simply isn't true.  I remember a few years back, Congress voted to move daylight savings time in the Spring and Fall.  They voted that we would turn our clocks ahead a couple of weeks sooner, and turn them back a couple of weeks later in the Fall.  When I heard about this I said to a friend, "Well once again, Congress believes the earth revolves around them."  The sad thing about my statement, is that it wasn't far from the truth.

With these sorts of prevailing thoughts and teachings going on in the world today, it is difficult to stay focused on the Son, but it is ever more important.  For someone like me who can be selfish, I have to remember that nothing is about me.  If I'm not doing something that is for God's glory, then I shouldn't be doing it.  Am I staying focused on the Son, or am I trying to replace Him and become the center of my own universe?

Dear Lord, thank You for the great reminders that You are faithful in giving me.  I know I can be selfish and forget that all I am and all I have I owe to you, and nothing comes by anything I do.  I pray that I will maintain my focus on You and Your loving grace, looking forward to the day when I am with You in Heaven, but not at the expense of serving You on earth.  I pray for those that lose their focus from time to time, and get caught up in the Church of Self.  My prayer is that they will recommit their ways, and reconnect their hearts to You and the wonderful things You have prepared for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment