Monday, March 10, 2014

Half Way

James 4:8 - Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

The closer we seek to draw near to God, the closer He will seek to be with us.  We need to be sure to confess and repent of our sins and be single-minded of purpose while we do this.

I remember when I was a teenager, my father told me once (okay, probably more than once...) that the world meets no one half way and if I wanted something, I had to go out and make it happen.  While this is true of the way the world works, it isn't necessarily true of how God does.

God is always seeking us to return to Him.  But He won't enter our hearts and lives uninvited.  When we accept the invitation of His free gift of Salvation and actively seek to have a closer and more intimate relationship with Him, He will meet us half way.  He wants that closer and more intimate relationship with us, just as much as we should, and He is happy to draw closer to us as we seek and draw closer to Him.

How awesome is the God we serve?!  He is happy to redeem us AND then He meets us half way to make it happen.  As I have come to understand this, I realize just how blessed I am because of His unfailing love and desire for me to be close to Him, and to be with Him in His Glorious Kingdom for eternity.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for seeking me, and for being infinitely patient as I sought You.  Thank You so much for meeting me half way every minute of every day as I seek to be closer to You.  I am beyond blessed by Your love and grace.  I pray for those that haven't sought You yet, because they are afraid You won't be there for them.  My prayer is that they will understand and realize that You are waiting for them to ask for You, and that You are happy to meet them half way in their pursuit of Your righteousness because of Your love for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment