Monday, February 4, 2013

Plans, Plans, Plans

Isaiah 22:11 - Between the city walls. You build a reservoir for water from the old pool.  But all your feverish plans are to no avail because you never ask for God's help.  He is the one who planned this long ago.

You can't build new things on an old foundation.  When we turn our lives over to Jesus, He becomes our new foundation, and we are to turn away from our old sinful ways.  If we don't do this, all is for naught.

Once when someone asked an older man when he was going to retire, he responded, "if you want to make God smile, tell Him your plans.". I have been trying to train myself when people ask me questions about my plans to say, 'I would like to...' and leave it up to God to direct me.  He has His plans for me, and they are better than anything I can come up with.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your great direction.  Help me to remember that You are my cornerstone and my new solid foundation on which I build my life.  Please continue to guide and direct me where I can serve You and Your people best.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

1 comment:

  1. This was great!! Trying to leave my lift up to God and not me is something I have been praying about. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete