Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Give Blessings

1 Peter 3:9 - Don't repay evil for evil.  Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you.  Instead, pay them back with a blessing.  That is what God wants you to do, and He will bless you for it.

If someone is saying evil things about you, there is a good chance they don't know God's love.  Or perhaps they have lost their way in their faith.  It is our duty to show them God's love.  Bless them to show them the true nature of God's love.

Giving blessings like this has always been something I have struggled with.  Turning the other cheek is never easy for me.  But I know that's what God wants me to do, and I will work harder at doing it.

Dear God, please give me the strength and courage to give blessings when I don't want to; to NOT retaliate when I really want to.  I can only accomplish this with Your strength.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment