Tuesday, February 12, 2013

People of God

1 Peter 2:10 - "Once ypu were not a people; now you are the people of God.  Once you received none of God's mercy; now you have received His mercy.

Before Jesus came, we had nothing.  no hope, no mercy, no justice.  He gave us all of that.  He gave us our hope.  It is in Him.  He gave us His mercy because He loved is and wanted a relationshipwith us.

Most people desire a relationship, in this world, to fill a need or void.  God desires a relationship with me simply because He loves me.  He has no needs or voids to fill.  What could I possibly bring to the table?  My obedience and love for Him.  That is pure love, and only God has it.

Dear Lord, thank for loving me even when I gave You no reason to want me.  Thank You for showing me that Your love is the only pure love in this world, or anywhere else.  Use my life in whatever way brings You honor and glory.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment