Monday, February 11, 2013

Old Ways

1 Peter 1:14 - Obey God because you are His children.  Don't step back into your old ways of doing evil; you didn't know any better then.

Returning to the life we had before we had our relationship with Christ is worse than being evil in the first place.  Like Peter says here, 'you didn't know any better then'.  He is so right.  And now that we know better, we are doubly accountable.

I told a friend recently that I believe that if God can do what He did for me and turn me around like He has, that I will always believe that anything is possible through Him.  Daily I pray for God's strength, courage, and wisdom to stay true to Him.  These are things that only He can provide.

Dear Lord, thank You for making me accountable.  As I prepare for this time of fasting, I will need Your strength and courage more than ever.  I am fasting for something more important than myself, and only You are able to provide what I ask for.  You will provide in Your time because You are forever faithful.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment