Sunday, February 24, 2013

Perishable

John 6:27 - "But you shouldn't be so concerned about perishable things like food.  Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that I, the Son of Man, can give you.  For God the Father has sent me for that very purpose."

Here, Jesus is telling us not to concern ourselves with the things of this world.  Everything in this world, including our bodies, are perishable and will pass away.  But our souls, and our eternal lives with God, are what matter and what we should be focused on.

I need to stay strong to break myself free of my slavery to this world.  I get that strength from God's Holy Spirit.  I know He loves me, and I know He wants me.  And I know that with Him, and because of His grace, I will break this bondage.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me of this today.  I know You love me, and You want a relationship with me.  And I want it too.  I know that with Your love and strength, Ibcan conquer all my hurts, habits, and hangups of this world.  Only You matter, and I ask for You to reflect that through me, so that others can see the amazing things that only You are capable of. Thank You Jesus.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment