Friday, February 8, 2013

Deadly Poison

James 3:8 - But no one can tame the tongue.  It is an uncontrollable evil, full of deadly poison.

Scripture teaches that our tongue speaks what is in our heart.  So true.  The key in this passage, to me at least, is the phrase 'no one can tame'.  No HUMAN can control themself.  But God can.  If we surrender our heart to Him, and turn our life over to Him, He will control us in such an amazing way.

Controlling my tongue is something I always have and still struggle with.  I needed this passage today.  God is such a great Teacher.

Dear Lord, You are in control.  I surrender my whole heart and full control over to You.  That is the only way I will win the battle over sin in my life, and give You the honor and glory You deserve.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment