Saturday, April 12, 2014

Rejoice!

Habakkuk 3:18-19 - Yet I will rejoice in the Lord!  I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!  The Sovereign Lord is my strength!  He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.

No matter what Habakkuk was dealing with, he found his joy by trusting in God for help and deliverance during the hard times they were facing.

Verse 17 in this chapter talks about those hard times that God's chosen people were going through.  For a farming economy these things could be down right devastating.

But that's the beauty of it...they weren't!  Habakkuk was no perfect man, but when he took the time to see the goodness in God and trusted in Him to help His people through their trials, he was able to rejoice in the God of his salvation.  Like Paul talked about learning to be content with whatever he had, and trusting in the strength of Christ for everything (Philippians 4:11-13), Habakkuk trusted God in the same way.  As Paul boasted in his weakness so that Christ's strength could work better (2 Corinthians 12:9-10), Habakkuk knew that his strength was from God.  God would always provide what was needed for His people.

Am I trusting God for everything?  Am I content in my weakness so that Christ's strength can work better through me?  Am I rejoicing in everything God has done for me?

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me the joy I have in You.  Thank You for being my strength.  I pray that I will rejoice in every situation, for I know that You are at work in my life.  I pray for those that are struggling to rejoice because they can't see You at work in their lives.  My prayer is that they will take a minute to step back and reflect on everything, and see Your glory at work.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment