Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chosen

1 Peter 1:2 - God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and His Spirit has made you holy.  As a result, you have obeyed Him and been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.  May God give you more and more grace and peace.

Since the beginning of time, each and everyone of us were chosen by God to be His holy people.  When we accepted our calling and chose Him in return, we were washed clean by the blood of Jesus.

God never ceases to wow me.  The more I study His Word every day, the more I see and understand His great love for me.  I'm a very analytical person by nature, so it can be difficult for me to wrap my head around the fact that He had already chosen me centuries ago.  He knew the path I would take to find Him, and He patiently waited for me to make the choice to follow Him.

How amazing is the God we serve that He did that for each and every one of us?  He knew about us, made plans for us, and waited.  I don't think we could ever have just a fraction of the patience He has, but we are blessed because He has infinitely more patience than we do.  He waited a long time so He could wrap His loving arms around us.  And when we finally came to Him, He didn't use it as an opportunity to say, "It's about time," or anything like that.  All He said was, "I love You, and it brings me joy that you're here."  He gave up His Son for us, so that we could return to Him.  That's just amazing love.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your amazing love for all of us.  We have all been so blessed beyond words that You loved us with a love that waited centuries for us to realize.  I pray for those that haven't come to realize it yet.  My prayer is that they will not wait any longer.  I pray that the stirring in their hearts will get to the point that they cannot contain themselves, and will leap into Your arms with joy.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment