Tuesday, April 8, 2014

His Amazing Glory

Romans 8:18 - Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory He will reveal to us later.

Every bit of pain and suffering, trial and tribulation we experience now in this life is infinitely dwarfed by the glory that God will reveal to us when we finally meet Him face to face.

Trusting in His promises makes it all worth it.  Keeping our problems in perspective and remembering His promised gift of this amazing glory makes our problems easier to bear for the sake of living life eternal with Him.  However, keeping that perspective can be difficult sometimes.

I know I struggle with keeping this perspective.  I have a huge tendency to get caught up in the moment and I will fail to think eternally.  I would say that most of us probably do that.  God wont't take back His promises if we have that tendency to act like human beings.  But how we respond when we realize that we reacted wrong is what is important.  We have to make sure we confess and repent.  When we do that, He will forgive us by His mercy and grace.

I have to keep on working on my response, and pray for God's strength to continue the work He has started in me to make me more like Christ until that day of completion.  His strength is the only way I can get through anything.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for the amazing gift of Your Glory that You have promised us all.  Help me to keep my issues in that perspective, so that I may bring You the glory that You deserve.  I can only do this with Your strength, and I ask for Your continued favor as I go into the world today.  I also pray for those who have the same struggles of keeping their perspective.  My prayer is that as they go into the world today, they will keep their eyes and hearts focused on You and Your eternal promises, so that they will be able to overcome any problem by Your strength.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment