Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Patient Endurance

James 1:12 - God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.  Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

God will not test or tempt us, that comes from within us and from the enemy (verse 13-15).  But He does allow the testing to happen (see Job).  Nothing happens to His children without His approval.  But He allows it so that He can reward us.  When we stay faithful and don't allow our will to drag us into more sin, He is well pleased and He promises to reward us for our faith.

While I believe that James was specifically referring to persecution here, this message can certainly be applied to our every day lives now.  I have come across this passage 5 or 6 different times in the past week.  A lot of us have bosses that drive us crazy.  How easy would it be to just say, "Forget it, I'm outta here!"  I know I have felt that a lot lately.

However I have to remember that I am being tested.  I am being tested to see if I will try to insert my will in place of God's will and do what I want as opposed to what is right.  God is allowing the test so that He can refine me like gold in a fire.  All I can do is pray that He will give me the strength I need to stay the course and trust in His will for my life.  He has promised to take care of me, and I know He will.  I can overcome anything by His strength (Phil. 4:13).

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to stay the course and trust in Your will for me.  It can be so easy at times to throw up my hands and try to take charge, but I know that is not the right thing to do.  I pray for those that haven't had the strength to endure the testing that comes from within.  My prayer is that they will lean on You and Your strength to get them through any and everything, because You can overcome it all.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment