Friday, April 4, 2014

Staying Content

2 Corinthians 4:17 - For our present troubles are small and won't last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

Whatever problems we face on a daily basis are relatively small in comparison to the glory God has set aside for us in eternity.

Reading this today really gave me strength.  I've been dealing with issues at work lately, and sometimes it is so hard to get up and go in the morning.  But I have a lot to be content with and thankful for.  Paul reminds us in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to be thankful in all circumstances because it is God's will for those of us who belong to Christ Jesus.  So where's the joy in my problems?!

The joy is found in knowing that God is sovereign and always in control.  The joy is knowing that nothing that man can do to me can cause me to lose my salvation that comes from Christ Jesus.  The joy is knowing that I am loved by an amazing God of mercy and grace that gave up His Son to have an intimate relationship with me.  The joy is knowing that whatever problems I have are temporary, and God's love and glory are eternal, and He will comfort and protect me.  That is more than enough for me to stay content...

Dear Abba Father, what can I say other than Your love overwhelms me.  But in a great way.  I love how You take the time every day to speak to me through Your Word, and tell me what I need to know to make it through another day in service to You and Your Kingdom.  I love that You don't sugarcoat anything, but Your messages are filled with hope and love.  I pray for those that don't know that feeling.  My prayer is that You will speak to them today and give them the rest and reassurance they need to be and stay content.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment