Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Boldly

Ephesians 6:20 - I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God's ambassador.  So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for Him, as I should.

Paul's passion for sharing God's Word is amazing.  He is in prison, and yet isn't asking for prayers for his release or deliverance from the abuse he is surely suffering.  Instead, he asks for prayers that he continues to boldly share the Gospel with anyone and everyone.

I love seeing this kind of passion.  It really is encouraging to see it displayed.  How often do we boldly share the Gospel message of Christ's love and redemption?  Not nearly as often as we should, and I am certainly guilty of it.

At work, we tend to focus on our tasks at hand.  We shy away from sharing the Good News because we don't want to offend anyone or get in any kind of trouble.  Paul was in prison!  I'd say he was in some kind of trouble.  But he boldly preached the message anyway!

Paul talked about it in Philippians as well (Phil. 1:12-14).  He realized he had a captive audience (pun intended) of both guards and prisoners, and that everything that was happening was helping to spread the Good News.  Paul certainly wasn't worried about offending anyone or getting in any kind of trouble(he was in prison!).

Am I boldly sharing my faith?  Am I using the opportunities given to me by God to be His ambassador and share the Good News of Jesus Christ?

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that whatever trials I may be facing, they pale in comparison to the problems that others may have, and that I need to take every opportunity to share the Gospel with everyone I can, regardless of any consequences.  The benefits of Your Eternal Kingdom far outweigh anything that man can do to me.  I pray for those that are shying away from boldly speaking about You.  My prayer is that they will remember that everything is about You, and that they will be reaping eternal benefits from the seeds of love they sow.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment