Thursday, April 24, 2014

All We Need

2 Peter 1:3 - By His divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life.  We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of His marvelous glory and excellence.

Everything we need to live the way we should is given to us by God.  He has never held back anything from His chosen people.  All we have to do is ask.

God loves us so much that He gives freely.  It can be difficult for us as humans, and our finite minds, to really grasp and believe this, but it's true.  We ask, "There's a catch right? Nope.  Well there has to be some sort of cost involved."  Well actually there was.  The sacrifice of His Son was the cost involved to save us.  That's how He called us to Himself.  Jesus Christ was the means of His marvelous glory and excellence.

See, I knew it cost something!  Yeah, but it didn't cost us anything.  And the cost involved was also given freely by God.  Even though we didn't deserve anything more than punishment, He loved us that much that He freely gave His Son as a sacrifice for our salvation.  That whoever believes that Jesus died for us, is saved and will be given eternal life in Heaven (John 3:16).  That's the beauty of it - He gave His Son as a sacrifice because He WANTED to (out of love), not because He had to.  God gave and continues to give freely without any expectation of compensation, because He loves us.

Am I doing the same?  When someone asks me for a favor, do I respond by saying, "It'll cost ya," or do I just say "Yes."?  If I'm not responding the way Jesus would respond, am I really learning anything by spending the time with Him every day that I do?

Dear Lord, thank You for giving so freely when I didn't (and never could) deserve it.  I am so blessed by Your love and Your giving spirit.  I pray that I will show that same love and giving spirit to everyone that I encounter.  I pray for those that haven't been able to grasp the true concept that You really do give without any expectation of compensation.  My prayer is that they will finally see that what You have done, and continue to do, for them and all of us, is out of love and free to anyone who asks.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment