Thursday, April 17, 2014

Meant For Good

1 Samuel 18:17 - One day Saul said to David: "I am ready to give you my older daughter, Merab, as your wife.  But first you must prove yourself to be a real warrior by fighting the Lord's battles."  For Saul thought, "I'll send him out against the Philistines and let them kill him rather than doing it myself."

What Saul intended for evil, God had intended for good.  One of the recurring themes in the Bible (among several), is God turning man's evil plans on their head and using them for good and for His glory.  We see it early on in the story of Joseph (Genesis 50:20), here, and of course with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

In the book of Acts, Luke tells about a Pharisee named Gamaliel telling the council that if what the Apostles were doing was from God, then nothing could be done to stop them (Acts 5:39).  Of course, they were doing God's work by carrying on the ministry of Jesus Christ by attempting to seek and save the lost.  What the Pharisees had intended for evil when they demanded that Jesus be crucified, God had all along intended for good and for His glory.  God was willing to sacrifice His Son for mankind, because He knew that in the death and resurrection of Jesus, that sin and death would finally be defeated, and that all who believed in their hearts would be saved and redeemed to God.  What a gift!

Am I trying to get in God's way, or am I submitting myself to His will?  He is always able to turn my wrong plans into good, but that doesn't mean I should make it a challenge for Him.  I have no right to tempt or test God.  I need to remember to seek His counsel before I act, so that I am doing His will and not my own.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for seeking and saving me.  Thank You for taking what others meant for evil, and using it for good and for Your glory.  I cannot thank and praise You enough for the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ.  Because of You and Your sacrifice, I have the opportunity to be part of the final victory that You have planned for us all who are called according to Your purpose.  To You be all the praise, honor, and glory forever.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment