Monday, January 7, 2013

True Forgiveness

Colossians 3:13 - You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you.  Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

True forgiveness is defined in this verse.  Since God forgave us, and we absolutely didn't deserve it, who are we NOT to forgive people who wrong us in this life.

When it was discovered that my ex wife committed adultery, she didn't understand how I could forgive her.  I had never read this verse before, but my words to her, were 'God has already forgiven you, who am I not to forgive you'.  I knew it wouldn't be right to not forgive her.

Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me about true forgiveness when I didn't even know you were there.  You truly are amazing.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment