Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Perfect Forever

Hebrews 7:19 - For the law made nothing perfect, and now a better hope has taken its place.  And that is how we draw near to God.

That better hope is Jesus.  Because of His unending and unflinching love for us, we are drawn near to God.  Later in this chapter, it says that the Son is made perfect forever.  And because of our faith in Jesus' power to save, we will be too when we get to heaven.

What a passage. What a promise!  Like the Norman Greenbaum song said, 'I've got a friend in Jesus'.  Because Jesus is perfect and because He loves me, I will be made perfect when I meet Him in heaven, as long as I remain faithful to Him while on earth.  Sounds like a pretty one-sided trade in my favor, but I'll take it...

Dear Lord, please continue to give me the strength and wisdom to stay faithful to You while on this earth, so that I may be made perfect by You in heaven because of Your loving grace.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment