Friday, January 11, 2013

Love Them All

2 Kings 6:22 - "Of course not!"  Elisha told him.  "Do we kill prisoners of war?  Give them food and drink and send them home again to their master."

Elisha telling the king of Israel this, is a great foreshadowing of Jesus' instructions in Matthew 5 that we are to love our enemies as ourselves, because that's where the glory is found.

Prior to my walk with Christ, I had the very misguided notion - as do a lot of others - that in the Old Testament, God is mean-spirited and vengeful.  This simply isn't true.  He has always loved us, and wants nothing more than a relationship with us based that love.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for showing me the error of my misunderstanding.  I have been so blessed to learn about Your unfailing love for me.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment