Monday, January 14, 2013

The Good Fight

1 Timothy 6:12 - Fight the good fight for what we believe.  Hold tightly to the eternal life that God has given you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.

In Paul's instructions to Timothy, he reminds him that his allegiance in this life needs to stay focused on God, and not the treasures of this world.  The good fight can be described as resisting the temptations of this world.

This was a difficult lesson for me to learn.  Like most people, I was always focused on making more money.  I have realized that in order to live a blessed life, I need to keep my focus on serving God and not earthly treasure.

Dear God, thank You for reminding me that You are my Master and that I need only to serve You.  I know that You will provide for me because Your plans for me are for good things.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment