Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Promise

2 Kings 8:19 - But the Lord was not willing to destroy Judah, for He had made a covenant with David and promised that his descendants would continue to rule forever.

God made a promise and stuck to it.  David was a good man who loved the Lord with all his heart, but he was still a sinner like us, and God made a promise.  No matter how mad the people of Judah made Him, He still remembered His covenant.

God also made promise to me, through the blood of Jesus Christ.  He promised to forgive and cleanse me of my sins, and to love me unconditionally.  I'm going to take Him at His word, because I know that He will always keep His promises.

Dear Lord, thank You for forgiving me when I didn't deserve it.  Thank You for loving me even though I am unworthy.  I hope I can honor You as You deserve.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment