Monday, May 5, 2014

You Are Loved

Matthew 6:26 - "Look at the birds.  They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your Heavenly Father feeds them.  And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are?"

Jesus reminds us just how much we are loved by God.  In the Sermon on the Mount, He addresses worry and tells us how God will always provide for us because He loves us more than anything else He created.

It can be so easy to believe that we aren't worthy of God's love.  We may make it difficult for Him to love us, but He does, and He never stops.  I remember once as a teenager I had gotten in trouble for something, and my dad punished me.  I totally deserved the punishment, because I had done something stupid (my specialty).  A day or two after I had gotten caught, my dad took me to the movies.  I will forever remember what my dad said to me when we were driving to the movies.  He said, "I just want you to know that sometimes you do things that make me not like you very much.  But I will always love you, and nothing will ever change that."

I believe that is how God loves us.  He may not like us sometimes, and let's be realistic, we make it really hard to like us sometimes.  But He will always love us, and nothing can ever change that.  At church recently, our Pastor mentioned this, and told us that we need to understand our worth.  As Jesus points out, God provides for all of His creation (like the birds mentioned earlier), even though they don't do anything, and we are far more valuable to Him than anything else in creation.

We are loved by a perfect God who will always love us, provide for us, and protect us.  I like how Proverbs 3:25-26 puts it, "You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security.  He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap."  We may slip and stumble, but God's hand will always be there to keep us from taking that endless tumble away from Him.  We have to let Him in.  He just wants to show us how much He love us.

Dear Father, thank You for loving me when I made it (and still do sometimes) so hard to do so.  I am grateful because of Your loving protection and provision for my life.  Your blessings overwhelm me.  I have no fear of anything that man can do to me, because I know that You are always with me.  I pray for those that don't realize just how much You really do love them.  My prayer is that they will feel Your love through the power of Your Holy Spirit, and let You in and let You love them like You have always wanted to do.  Heal their hearts, Lord, and show them their worth.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment