Monday, May 19, 2014

Missing the Faith Part

Hebrews 11:6 - And it is impossible to please God without faith.  Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him.

It's a two part thing.  It's not enough to just believe in God.  We have to have faith in Him as well.

Even the devil believes in God.  Believing is just knowing that He exists.  Faith is trusting that He will work in Your life when you invite Him into it.  Faith produces an abundant spiritual fruit in us.

I spent 10 years believing in God, but not having any faith.  I had accepted Jesus Christ into my heart as my Savior and figured I was good to go.  But I was missing the faith part.  I had only accepted Him into my heart.  I didn't invite Him into my life as well.  I thought I was good to go, and that since I was a relatively good person (using that term very loosely...), I would be okay.  Fortunately, I eventually found out I was wrong.

We have to invite Him into our life as well, so that he can transform us into the person He wants us to be, so that we may learn His will for us which is always the right path (Romans 12:1-2).  The best way to learn what He has for each of us, is through meditating on His Word daily and through prayer.  God just wants to spend time with us, and give us abundant blessings.  He will always love us, but if we are living outside of His will, He won't bless us.

I have heard a lot of people say, "Well God didn't give me this or make this happen, so He must not love me."  Nothing could be further from the truth.  He does love us.  If something doesn't happen for us, it is because it wasn't His will for us.  We learn to understand His will better through prayer and daily study of His Word.  That's where we learn that it is THY will be done, not MY will be done.  Once we develop and strengthen our faith to go with the belief we already have, we see the abundant blessings He is willing to provide above and beyond anything we could ever do for ourselves (Ephesians 3:20).

Dear Father, thank You for reminding me that believing is not faith.  Thank You for allowing me to spend the time with You that I do every day, so that I can be transformed into the person You want me to be.  I trust Your plan for me, and I pray that I will continue to seek Your will every day.  I know I make mistakes and sometimes I speak without thinking first, but I have been blessed to have a forgiving and loving Father like You that accepts me for who I am and knows my heart.  I pray for those that are missing the faith part in their lives.  Perhaps they gave up when they didn't get what they wanted.  My prayer is that Your Holy Spirit will stir in their hearts and remind them that it is thy will be done, and not my will.  My prayer is that they will convicted to their knees, and pray for You to come back into their hearts as well as their lives.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment