Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Wrong Direction

Luke 21:34 - "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap."

Jesus' warning about His second coming has so much relevance to today's world.  How often do we get caught up worrying about every day issues in our lives and lose our focus on God?

I know I have been guilty of this more times than I care to admit.  It's not that the problems we face or the temptations and trials we endure are unimportant, because they are.  But our focus during those times is what matters the most.  Our focus determines our reality.

The Apostle Paul tells us that God is always faithful, and He will never let us go through anything that we can't handle (1 Corinthians 10:13).  He will always show us a way through the storm.  But the first step in seeing that path, is to be focused on God and His will for us.  It's easy to say, "I got through this with God."  But that's not an accurate description.  It should be, "God got me through this."

Ever been in a car accident?  Often, one of the first responses after the accident is, "Man, I didn't even see that coming."  That's what Jesus is trying to warn us about.  We need to be focused on Him and alert for His will to be revealed to us.  That way, when He does return (not if), we don't get caught looking in the wrong direction.  We won't be caught unaware.  We'll have our hearts focused on the right thing (Him), and we will get to join the party in Heaven.

Dear Abba Father, thank You so much for the great wisdom You share with us through Your word.  I pray that I will keep my heart focused on You and Your will for me, so that I am not caught off guard by focusing on the temporal worries of this life.  You are all that matters, and I want my focus to be on that.  I pray for those that don't know You and aren't focused on You.  My prayer is that they will spend time learning about You in an intimate way through Your Word and in prayer, so that they may be focused in the right direction when the time comes.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment