Saturday, May 3, 2014

Morning People

Lamentations 3:22-23 - The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.

Every day is a new chance.  A new opportunity to serve God and His people.  God renews His covenant of love and redemption with His chosen people every day.

Aren't morning people just...annoying sometimes?  They're so chipper and happy and ready to get the day rolling.  I think they are, and I'm one of them!  I wasn't always a morning person though.  I remember when I was in Army boot camp and being convinced that the Drill Sergeant's were pure evil for getting us out of bed at 4:30-5:00 AM to go run 6 or 7 miles.  I mean, who does that?!

Like anything though, you get accustomed to certain things and they become habit.  Being an early riser and a morning person was not one of those for me.  It took some serious work.  I actually enjoy being up before the sun (usually) and having my coffee and spending my time with God before I go out into the world.  The things He shows me in His Word every day always remind me of the love He has for me and the hope He gives me.  And more often than not, He shows me something in His Word that prepares me for a situation that I am going to experience that day.  He is always faithful in reminding me when He wakes me up in the morning that that day is a new chance to be a positive influence for His Kingdom with those I encounter.  He renews His covenant with me every day as a reminder that He is always with me, and He will always be faithful to me.

Allowing God into our everyday life and routine (yes I'm one of those that has a routine too), isn't easy.  It took some getting used to.  It takes discipline to be willing to change our ways and allow God to transform us into the servant He desires us to be (Romans 12:1-2).  The more effort we put into spending quality time with Him, the more blessings we experience from Him.  I will always trust Him to be faithful to His promises.

Dear Father, thank You so much for renewing my heart and mind every day during our time together.  I pray that You will continue to reveal Yourself to me through Your Word and blessings, as You have promised to do for those who remain faithful to You.  I pray for those that can't seem to make time to spend with You every day.  Changing habits and routines is not easy, and I pray that You will continue being patient with them as they work to transform themselves for You.  My trust in Your faithfulness and Your love will never end, and I pray that if I can be helpful to anyone, You will use me according to Your will and purpose for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment