Monday, May 26, 2014

All-Access

Romans 5:2 - Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.

When we come into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, He begins to reveal Himself to us little by little.  He reveals His will for each of us piece by piece, until that day we enter His glory in Heaven and all of it is revealed to us.

How awesome is God that He give us this all-access pass to His glory?!  Paul said it perfectly when he called it a place of undeserved privilege.

Ever been to a concert?  Ever got an all-access backstage pass for that concert?  Most of us probably haven't, but if you have you get to see all sorts of stuff going on that most people don't get to see.  Some of it is quite revealing, and some of it is stuff that you probably didn't want to see.  However, God has granted us an all-access backstage pass to His Kingdom.  And everything there is all we could ever want to see and know.  He will hold nothing back from us, His children.

There are plenty of people that question why He doesn't reveal everything to us now.  Why is He holding back some of it?  Well it doesn't work that way.  Our finite minds are not capable of all of that knowledge that we desire now all at once.  We can't just accept Christ and then not build a relationship with Him.  The key is to have faith as Paul tells us here.  Solomon pointed it out in Proverbs 3:5 when he tells us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and don't depend on our own understanding.

Faith is trust.  When we commit our lives to Him, and seek to build a relationship with Him, God faithfully reveals Himself to us a little at a time.  I believe this has a two-fold reason.  One, because He knows that we could not handle all of it all at once, and second, so that we continue to seek Him.  God's biggest desire is to have a relationship with us, but it's a two-way street.

God has revealed Himself to me so much over the last few years as I've sought Him more and more and surrendered more and more to Him.  But I know there is so much He hasn't revealed to me.  I trust that He will reveal to me what He needs me to know and understand as I need to know and understand it.  He hasn't given me the all-access backstage pass, and I am completely fine with that (although understanding that took some doing).  I know the plans He has for me are for good and that they will give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).  That doesn't mean that I know all of His specific plans for me, but He has shown me enough during our time together to sustain me on a daily basis.  All it takes from me, and all of us, is faith.

Dear Father, thank You for the undeserved privilege of knowing You, and having an intimate relationship with You.  I can't believe I went so long without it, but I know that I would not want to live another minute without it.  I know that You have great and mighty things planned for me, and I have faith that You will reveal to me what You need me to know when the time is right according to Your will and purpose for me.  I pray for those that don't have the relationship with You that You have always desired.  My prayer is that they will feel Your Holy Spirit stirring in their hearts, so they will begin to seek You and the undeserved privilege You have for them.  I pray that they will share in Your glory because of the all-access backstage pass You have promised them through Your Son, Jesus Christ.  I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment