Monday, June 2, 2014

Priorities

Romans 12:2 - Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

How often do we allow ourselves to get caught up in the (un) importance of status?  With social media being such a dominating factor in almost everyone's life, it's very easy to find ourselves checking in to see what everyone is doing and saying, and more importantly, if they are paying attention to what we are doing and saying.

I don't normally pay much attention to how many Twitter and Instagram followers or Facebook friends I have, but I caught myself yesterday (actually a couple of times yesterday), looking to see.  90% of what I post is Scripture (the other 10% is sports), so I'm not really worried about saying something wrong or offensive (if Scripture offends you, there are other problems to worry about).

Yesterday, someone favorited one of my Tweets, and I found myself getting excited about it.  As if their approval of what I said made it all the more better.  Later, I caught myself checking to see how many Twitter followers I had.  As if the number of followers made the things I say more important.  I don't have that many followers on Twitter, and I don't really care.  I use it to share God's word with whoever may be listening, and He is the only one that I should be concerned about.  I'm not seeking to make a Twitter follower out of God, but I do want to be careful that I am not saying anything that fails to bring Him glory.

It can be frustrating for me when I catch myself focusing on the behavior and customs of this world, and not on God's glory.  I know God doesn't expect me to be perfect, but it doesn't mean I can just blow things off that I do when I know they are wrong.  I have to make sure that I am seeking status (entry) in heaven, and focusing on following His behavior and customs, so that He will be glorified in what I do.  That is the only status that should ever matter.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for humbling me, and pointing out my shortcomings.  I ask for Your forgiveness for my transgressions, and pray that You will strengthen my resolve to keep my heart focused on You and Your Kingdom so that I may bring You glory.  I pray for those that don't have their priorities in order, and are focused on pleasing and getting approval from people of the world, instead of the One who created the world.  My prayer is that they will turn their hearts around toward You and live for You and Your glory, instead of more followers here.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment