Thursday, June 19, 2014

Leaving Our Mark

2 Corinthians 3:3 - Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you.  This "letter" is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God.  It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.

In Paul's second letter to the Corinthians, he reminds them that the legacy he will leave is them, namely their faith in Christ.  He tells them that this is much more important than any letter of introduction he could ever need.

Ever wonder what kind of mark you're going to leave on the world when you're gone?  I try not to think about it too much, but I definitely do from time to time.  Maybe it's just a part of getting older (wait, I'm only 21...).  I think a lot of us think about it, especially if you have kids.  You may think, "What am I leaving my children with?"  "What kind of mark am I going to make in their lives?"  Well the best mark any of us could make is their faith.

Since I don't have kids, I have to think about how am I supposed to impact anyone?  What kind of mark am I going to leave behind?  The best legacy any of us could leave, is to help someone come to faith, or lead them back to the faith they walked away from.  I believe that nothing could ever be so impressionable on someone else as that.

Paul understood that.  He knew what it meant to finish strong, and it didn't matter how he started.  He knew that his past persecution and rejection of Christ had been forgiven and forgotten, and that through the power of the Holy Spirit, he was leaving a different kind of memory of himself with the new believers he was bringing to Christ.  He didn't need any letter of introduction anymore.  And neither do we.  Jesus Christ is our letter of introduction.

Jesus told us, "In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!" (Luke 15:7).  Imagine what it would feel like when someone asks you what you've done with your life and you say, "I made heaven rejoice.  I led someone to Christ."  That's a mark we should all be trying to leave behind, because nothing could ever be more important.

Dear Father, thank You for making Your mark on my heart.  I pray for the strength and wisdom to lead someone back to You.  I want heaven to rejoice over the lost soul that returns to You.  I am willing to go where You lead, because I know You will always lead me down the right path.  I pray for those that are concerned about leaving a mark in this world before they leave.  My prayer is that they will see that the best thing they could do is to share their faith with someone, and help lead them to You.  I pray that they will not hesitate to answer Your call.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment