Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Missing Piece

Ephesians 3:19 - May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

How long did I live my life not knowing Christ?  Too long.  For far too long I was missing that piece of the puzzle that made me complete.  Now that I have begun to experience the love of Christ, I don't know how I ever got along without it.

I'm not saying that I have everything figured out now.  Hardly.  But I have the missing piece of the puzzle that completes my life, in my heart.  I look forward to every day so that I can begin with spending time with my Creator and getting to know Him better.  As Paul said here, it is too great to understand fully, and I am fine with that.  I have learned that I don't have to have all the answers right now (that was a tough lesson).  God has shown me enough to know that He is in charge and He only has great things for those who love Him and are called to Him.  I am blessed to have been called.

Paul's words in Philippians ring so true for me.  He said, "No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it (perfection), but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the Heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us" (Philippians 3:13-14).  Focusing on what lies ahead - God's Heavenly and eternal Kingdom - is such an amazing thing to look forward to.  While I forget about my past, I do need to make sure that I have learned from my mistakes so that I don't repeat them.  I want to finish the race strong, and receive God's Heavenly prize.

My prayer for everyone today is that we all can experience the love of Christ.  Even though it is not fully comprehensible, it is understandable enough that it can be life changing when You open your heart and let Him in.

Dear Father, thank You for loving me when I was unlovable.  Thank You for calling me towards the Heavenly prize through Jesus Christ.  I pray that I will keep my heart focused on You and Your purpose for me as I go out into the world today.  I pray for those that don't know Your love.  My prayer is that they will open their hearts just enough to let some of Your light shine in so that they will experience a taste of what You have for them, because when they do that, I am confident they will open them up completely and surrender themselves to You.  I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment