Friday, June 27, 2014

Our Tutor

John 14:26 - But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative - that is, the Holy Spirit - He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

When we accept Jesus Christ into our lives, the Holy Spirit essentially become our tutor.  When we seek God for guidance and counsel, the Holy Spirit guides us and teaches us what we need to know and where we should go.

I have never really thought of the Holy Spirit in this context, but it makes a lot of sense to me.  God is our Creator and He gives us the textbook (the Bible) for our class (life) - (2 Timothy 3:16-17).  He gave us Jesus Christ to be (among so much more) our Teacher (John 13:13).  And then He gives us the Holy Spirit to guide and counsel us when we raise our hands and ask questions.

Since the Holy Spirit is given to us by God, the Holy Spirit will never lead us astray or down a path that is outside of the will of God.  The Holy Spirit shows everyone in a different way, but for me it is usually through Scripture reference.  When He shows us through Scripture the answers we are looking for, He will always give us the practical application of it as well.

But it's up to us to raise our hands.  We have to first accept Jesus Christ into our hearts and lives, and submit to Him and His teaching in order for the Holy Tutor (Spirit) to come.  And when He does come, it is also our responsibility to follow through with what He leads us to.  We have that option, it's called free will.

If you're doing Algebra (a spawn of Satan's evil schemes), and your Math tutor points you to the answer and you see the answer to your equation is 8.  You still have to write the answer down as 8.  If you write the answer down as 10, whose fault is that?  The tutor's?  How is it his fault.  He gave you the answer, but you chose to ignore it and write your own answer down.

It's very easy for us to play the blame game when things aren't going the way we want or expect them to.  God, since He isn't here in the physical sense (like you and I are) to defend Himself (as if He needed to do so), is an easy target.  We say things like, "I've been faithful in my church attendance," or "I've been tithing regularly, so why isn't God blessing me?!"  Search your heart, and more importantly, search the textbook (the Bible) for the answer.  Maybe God will reveal something to you that you didn't realize you were doing that needs to be corrected.  He's done that to me so many times that I lost count a long time ago.  When that happens, thank Him for His gentle corrections, and then listen to the Teacher and the Tutor.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for everything You have given us.  You have given abundantly more as You have always promised to do, and walked us through what we need to know in Your Word.  I am so grateful to have a loving Father like You that has also provided a great Teacher in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and a great Tutor in Your Holy Spirit.  I know I may come up with the wrong answer frequently, but Your gentle correction is more than enough to put me on the right path.  I pray that I will always seek You first.  I also pray for those that don't know You.  My prayer is that they someone will reach out to them and show them just how much You love us all, and they will begin to seek You in Your Textbook and then invite Jesus Christ into their hearts for the great teaching and guidance they need to live a life dedicated to You and Your Holy Kingdom.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment