Thursday, June 26, 2014

Unfailing Love

Psalm 66:20 - Praise God, Who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw His unfailing love from me.

How easy would it be for God to blow us off?  How convenient would it be for Him to just say, "I'm done with these crazy people," or "If they want to talk to Me, they know where to find Me."?  Thankfully, He never does that.

The writer of Psalm 116 (I'm assuming it's David) says that God bends down to listen, and because of that he will pray while he still has breath (Psalm 116:2).  No matter how far we remove ourselves from a relationship with God, one prayer is all it takes for God to bend down to listen to us.

I read once in a devotional that God's love was like a vast sea in its ability to transport us like a ship from a shore of sin to a shore of salvation, from a port of pain to a port of peace, and from a harbor of hell to a harbor of Heaven.  I thought that was a great way to describe God's love.

Love like that would never blow off the one's that it's directed towards.  It never gives up.  God loves us with an unfailing love that knows no end.  He never removes Himself from a relationship with us.  He is the unchanging one (yesterday, today, and tomorrow).  We are the ones that remove ourselves.  Either we walk away from our faith, or never have it to begin with.  But that one prayer is all it takes for Him to bend down to listen and say, "I'm here my child."

Now how easy is it for us to blow people off?  How convenient is it for us to just say, "I'm done with these crazy people," or "If they want to talk to me, they know where to find me."?  We do it all the time, don't we?  I have, that's for sure.  I'm not the most patient person (I know...shocking right?).  I have to keep praying every day for God to give me the patience and strength to love people like He loves me.  Like He expects me to love them.  I fall short quite a bit, and sometimes I want to give up, but when I do I pray to God, I ask for His forgiveness and strength and He is right there to listen and say, "I'm here my child."

Dear Father, thank You for never abandoning me.  I know You said that You would never leave or forsake me, and time and time again, You have followed through on Your promise.  I thank You for forgiving me when I fall short and lose my patience.  I am blessed by Your patience for me, and I praise You for all that You are and all that You mean to me.  To You be the glory forever because of Your unfailing love.  I pray for those that believe that they have strayed too far, and think that You don't want to hear from them anymore.  My prayer is that Your Holy Spirit will do a work in their heart and remind them that while they have breath, they can still pray to You, and You will bend down to hear them and forgive them.  In the Blessed name of Jesus I pray, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment