Thursday, July 24, 2014

Never Alone

Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

No matter what our circumstances may be, God is always with us.  No matter who may leave us, or how alone we may feel, we are never alone because God is there.  God will always be there to keep us company and comfort us during our difficult times.

Something that we can count on forever, is that God will never abandon us.  He has told us time and again that He will be there for us.  The prophet Isaiah gave us this message from the Lord concerning Israel, His chosen people.  God said, "Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand" (Isaiah 41:10).  God said this after Israel had abandoned Him over and over since their exodus from Egypt.  He will do the same for all of us when we are committed to Him.

During the times I am feeling lonely, or concerned about my future, I try to remember this verse and this promise from my Lord and Savior.  It isn't always easy, though.  Since I am human, I do have a tendency to try to wallow in my pity and question my own worth.  That is to be expected by all of us.  We lose a loved one, especially one that we are close to, and we wonder why?  Why would God take him from me and leave me all alone?  But He didn't leave us all alone.  We have our Lord and Savior bending down to listen to our prayers (Psalm 116:2).

All it takes is faith the size of a mustard seed.  This is where a lot of us struggle.  We have no problem praising God during the good times, but as soon as something happens that we don't like or agree with, we immediately question Him and His will.  I have done this more times than I care to count.  What I have tried to remind myself of, is that I can't get to the good without going through the bad.  Hindsight being 20/20, I see that God is the one that got me through the bad to get to the good.  It was nothing that I did on my own, that's for sure.

During this difficult season in my life, am I turning everything over to God?  Am I trusting that He is still there when I feel alone or abandoned?

Dear Father, thank You for never leaving me.  Thank You for bending down to listen to my prayers when I have given You no reason to stick around.  I pray that during this season, my faith in You will increase beyond anything I could expect.  I know that for this to happen, my faith in myself MUST decrease.  I pray for the strength and courage that only You can provide, for this to happen.  I want more of You and less of me.  I pray for those that are going through hard times.  For the one that lost a close loved one.  My prayer is that they will remember to turn to You during this time, and give themselves over to You and Your perfect will.  I pray that they will remember that You have a great plan for everything, and they will trust in You.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment