Monday, July 14, 2014

Company We Keep

1 Corinthians 15:33 - Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad company corrupts good character."

Who we surround ourselves with can, and will, have a tremendous impact on our outlook and world view.  We have a responsibility to pick and choose the company we keep.

Very often, the enemy will use other people to spread his lies and to pull us away from the great life that God has planned for us.  If we are allowing them into our lives, whose fault is that?  I read somewhere once that God's love is eternal, His blessings are not.  Good point made.  He will always love us, but if we are operating outside of His will, He will not bless us.

Some people don't like to hear that.  They want to believe that since they have faith in God and they are good people, God will bless them.  Sorry to break the news to you, but it doesn't work that way.  Being good doesn't qualify us for Heaven.  Only faith in Jesus Christ does.

Romans 14:12 tells us, "Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God."  This isn't a chance for us to tell God what we did and what the thought process was behind all of our actions.  God already knows.  He knows everything in our hearts and minds.  This is where we fess up our shortcomings, take accountability, and accept responsibility for our actions.

When your boss calls you in to discuss something you have done wrong, do you accept responsibility for your actions, or do you blame others?  How is the blame game working out for you?  In Galatians 6:5, Paul tells us clearly that we are each responsible for our own conduct.  God will judge us according to what we have done, and who we have served.  We have to make the conscious decision to serve Him and His Kingdom, and that includes the people we allow into our lives.

On that final day, when I stand before the judgment seat of God, will I hear, "I never knew you," (Matthew 7:23) or "Well done good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:23)?

Dear Abba Father, thank You for reminding me that I am responsible for my own conduct and for the company I keep.  I pray that I will trust Your guidance and wisdom when I choose who I surround myself with, because I know that I am the one responsible for it.  I pray for those that are being surrounded by negativity and joy-killers that spread the lies of the enemy.  My prayer is that Your Holy Spirit will touch their heart and open their eyes to what is going on, and they will walk away from those relationships and focus on one that is centered on You and Your Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment