Saturday, July 12, 2014

Down, Not Out

Isaiah 12:2 - See, God has come to save me.  I will trust in Him and not be afraid.  The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory.

To begin to overcome our fear of the unknown, we must first place our trust in the hands of God.  He has fulfilled His promise to save us through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ, and given us victory over an eternity of separation from Him and His glory.

As I prepare to start a new chapter in my life, I am not concerned about what my future holds, because I trust in the One who holds it.  Throughout the Bible, God promises over and over to always be with me.  In Isaiah 41, God tells us that He is with us and that we should not be discouraged for He is our God (verse 10).  In Matthew 28, Jesus promises to be with us till the end of the age (verse 20).  Promises like these are comforting to me in this trial I am entering.

I can approach this time two different ways: I can go my own way, and attempt to rely on my own skills and abilities to get me where I need to be.  Or I can keep my faith and trust in God that He will direct me exactly where He needs me to be to serve Him and His Kingdom.  There really isn't much deliberation to be done here.  The answer is a no-brainer (which is always helpful for me).

Joshua said it well when he said, "But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve.  Would you prefer the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates?  Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live?  But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15).  Just another reason to love God and His Word - the answers we all seek can always be found in the Bible.

I may be down because of some ridiculous maneuverings of men, but I'm not out because of the calculated and loving redemption of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I will serve the Lord.

Dear Abba Father, thank You so much for always being there for me, and never leaving me or forsaking me.  Too often I have tried to go my own way on things, and I cannot beg Your forgiveness enough and thank You enough for Your redemption and salvation.  Today Father, I cast all my cares and concerns about my future at the foot of the Cross, and I fully trust that You have it all figured out and planned out for me.  In the words of the Psalmist, "The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.  What can mere people do to me?" (Psalm 118:6).  The answer is nothing, for You are with me.  You guide me, protect me, and comfort me.  For that I am eternally thankful, and I am forever in Your service.  In the powerful and mighty name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment