Friday, November 9, 2012

Love

Matthew 5:44 - "But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"

This, to me, is the true definition of love.  As Jesus said, if we only love those who love us, where is the glory?  The true spirit of God's word tells us to love everyone.  Even, and especially, the ones who hate us and perecute us.

I love this passage.  I have gotten so much better about following this command from Jesus.  I have been wronged and treated badly by others, especially recently, but I won't allow myself to get angry and vengeful.  It won't solve anything and that is not what God wants from me.

Dear Lord, I cannot thank You enough for teaching me about the true meaning of love.  This is something I needed to learn so badly.  All praise and glory to You.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment